The Asylum is committed to ensuring that all customers who attend an event or show with us have the best experience possible. For us that starts the minute you choose to buy the ticket. Please read our terms and conditions below and ensure you follow those that are specific to you and applicable to your show. Where possible we will always help and by reading below you should find the answers to most questions.
ADMISSION, REFUSALS & EJECTIONS…
In accordance with the licensing Act 2003 the venue has the right to refuse admission without providing a reason. If you have consumed alcohol prior to arrival & appear to be in an intoxicated state or behave inappropriately in the queue or in view of the venue staff you may be refused entry without a refund.
Crowd surfing, Violent conduct, smoking within the venue, the throwing of drinks and any other behaviour deemed as inappropriate whilst inside the venue will result in ejection from the premises without a refund. All patrons consent to have their belongings searched and to also willingly submit themselves to the venue search procedure if asked to do so. Those found in possession of any prohibited item(s) will be refused entry without refund and possibly handed over to the Police for further investigation. The Asylum has a zero tolerance towards any illicit drugs or possession of anything that could be construed as a weapon.
The Asylum 1&2 restrict the age of those attending to persons aged 14 years old and over due to sound levels and crowd profiles. To attend any show at the venue you must be over the age of 14.
If a show is advertised as 14+ all ticket holders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (18+) Unaccompanied under 18 year old ticket holders will be refused entry without refund.
Some events have restrictions in place with admittance permissible to over 14’s/18’s or 21’s and no exceptions will be made on the doors. Please ensure you read all the show details prior to booking tickets as refunds cannot be made in this case.
The Venue Management have the right to refuse entry without a refund.
Tickets can be bought for all shows by following the links from our website, for some shows, tickets will also be available from third party sources such as ticket master/Seetickets etc.
Tickets cannot be purchased over the phone directly with the venue.
The venues Box office for ticket collection/allocation is open from the advertised door times of the show until 15 minutes in to the headline acts set time.
For lost or stolen tickets, or tickets not received in the post, please contact the agent/outlet that the tickets were booked / purchased through. The venue can only help customers who booked directly with the venue.
BEWARE OF SECONDARY TICKETING (Touts, eBay, etc.).
Fraudulent tickets such as cancelled & duplicated tickets can be sold on the secondary ticketing market, Please note that tickets brought from these sources often do not gain access to the event.
The Asylum venue can only help with ticketing issues if the tickets have been purchased from the venue and or it’s approved ticketing outlets.
The venue has no liability or control of any tickets for shows not promoted by the Asylum venue, (where the Asylum has been hired by an external promoter) Ticketing issues in these circumstances should be addressed to the advertised promoter and or the promoters ticketing agents,
CAMERAS & RECORDING EQUIPMENT…
For the satisfaction of other customers iPads and/or tablet devices are not permitted to photograph or film during any performances. Customers who persist may be asked to leave the venue.
No professional cameras (with large or detachable lenses), video cameras or tape recorders are permitted in the venue. Should you be found to have these on arrival you will be asked to either take them back to somewhere safe or be asked to deposit them in the venue safe room where they are returned to you at the end of the event.
Small compact cameras are allowed unless identified for a specific show. Details like this would be found on the booking page for the event.
If you are lucky enough to look under 25, you will be asked to prove that you are over 18, when you purchase alcohol. Challenge 25 is the same principle as challenge 21. All customers who look under the age of 25 will be required to provide ID when purchasing alcohol.
If you are under 18 you are committing a criminal offence if you attempt to buy alcohol and you may be ejected without a refund or held until a responsible adult can come and collect you. People over the age of 18 found purchasing drinks for those not of legal age will be ejected without a refund.
Please be aware of our accepted forms of ID and these are listed under the ID policy below.
The venue has a search policy in place in order to promote further the safety and security of everyone entering the building. Please come to the building with the understanding that you will be subjected to a search in accordance with the venues search Policy. Accepting a search is a condition of entry and refusing a search will result in refusal of entry.
The venue has a cloakroom and charge £1.50 per item.
If you are bringing a bag bigger than a ladies handbag and items such as motor bike helmets, backpacks etc. with you we request that these are left in the cloakroom.
Please be aware that no item will be given out from the cloakroom without the matching ticket being presented. If you have lost your ticket you will be asked to wait till the end of the event to collect your belongings or if ownership can’t be proved you will be asked to return at a later date with satisfactory proof. In these instances staff will be happy to advise further.
If you are collecting a ticket(s) from the box office please ensure you have a copy of the confirmation email with you as this will have the booking code/reference relating to your ticket purchase, you may also require a form of ID, please see for acceptable types.
The Asylum 1&2 is keen to promote equality of opportunity for people with disabilities and where possible have taken the necessary steps to meet customers’ requirements. The Asylum 1 is ground floor with full disabled access including ramps and toilets.
The Asylum 2 is accessed via stairs, staff are happy to assist any disabled patron to gain access to the show and again for toilets and also in the case of an emergency.
There are no restrictions with regards to clothing at most events, however if you are wearing a hat, hoody or bike helmet you may be asked to remove these prior to entry and that they be deposited in a cloakroom.
Some items of fancy dress may be confiscated if they are believed to pose a risk to others in low lighting conditions – please note that glow sticks are not permitted and will be confiscated. You may be asked to remove Baseball caps and hoods for security reasons whilst entering the venue.
FOOD & BEVERAGES…
No food or beverages should be brought into the Venue; these will be removed on search and confiscated, they will not be returned to you and will be disposed of at the earliest opportunity.
The Cloakroom at the venue does stock snacks, however we advise you to eat before arriving at the venue.
Free drinking water is available on request at bars throughout the venues.
Should you require items for medical reasons please make this known to the security personnel on the front door who will contact the Duty Manager & the on duty medical personnel to discuss this in private.
Alternatively if possible contact the Venue via email in advance of the show.
Anyone who looks to be under the age of 25 years will be challenged to prove their age to buy alcohol. The venue operates Challenge 25.
Accepted forms of ID are: Driver's license (full or provisional), or a current valid Passport or PASS Card with the pass hologram.
Any ID being presented to door staff fraudulently will be confiscated from the bearer. ID that is believed to be fake/not genuine and genuine forms of ID being presented by someone other than the named person on the ID are confiscated and a receipt form given to the customer documenting the temporary possession of the ID. The ID is then transferred to the Licensing Department of West Midlands Police and made available for collection approximately 10 days after seizure from the Police Station in central Birmingham.
ISSUES DURING THE SHOW…
If you have a complaint about the venue or event please speak to a member of security who will try to assist and in turn, if necessary, contact a Duty Manager immediately during the show to try and resolve the issue.
Complaints after an event should be sent in writing (via email) directly to the Venue’s contact page on the website
LOST PROPERTY / LEFT ITEMS…
If you have lost items or left them in the cloakroom please contact the venue directly via the venue website contact page with a description of the missing item, date of the show contact details and any other relevant information. The venue will check and if the item can be located will be in contact to arrange for you to collect the item.
The venues keep items for 6 weeks, after this period they are passed to local charity shops. Valuable items may be held for a longer period and are handed to the police if not collected within the time frame.
Merchandise can be purchased from the stand located at the rear of the room for Asylum 1 shows dependent upon the event. For Asylum 2 shows merchandise is available from the rear of the room or corridor depending on the event.
Any issues with faulty merchandise are solely down to the merchandise seller and the venue has no liability in any way for sale of merchandise, including but not limited to, suitability, quality, availability or price.
NOISE & SOUND LEVELS…
Please be aware that there will be high sound levels during shows and patrons may be subject to continuous sound levels which may cause potential damage to hearing. Ear plugs are available to purchase from all bars and reception should they be required.
The venue operates a neighbour friendly policy, when leaving the venue please make as little noise as possible.
Once you have entered the venue, pass-outs and re-admittance will only be granted with the permission of the venues security team and or management and only when in possession of a venue stamp or wristband.
No drinks are to be taken off the premises under any circumstances at any time.
PRESCRIPTION DRUGS & MEDICATION…
We discourage bringing medication to the venue; however we do understand that for some people this is a necessity. Therefore should a person attend a show with prescription drugs the following applies:
A sealed package of prescribed medication of a small quantity is permitted providing that the person’s name is on the label. A prescription for the medication if possible should be brought with you if possible.
Any person with items that are deemed unidentifiable / not in the original packaging or of a large quantity will be asked to speak with the Medics on the night who will assess the situation and the items may be removed until after the show and held in the manager’s office where they can be accessed if required.
Please be aware that evidence may be requested by security or the duty medic on entry. You may also be requested to speak with the Head of Security and or Duty Manager.
A person who intends to bring into a venue medical sharps will be asked to discuss their usage with the Senior Duty Manager & the venues medical staff, in a private area, to ensure that their condition requires immediate access to these items and to also ensure the customer is aware of how to locate and access an area whereby they can administer the required treatment without any concern.
SHOW TIMES / SUPPORT BANDS…
The following is a guide only and should be treated as such.. More specific information will be available from the venues website or printed on your tickets.
For the majority of shows (18+) the doors open at 7.00pm with a venue curfew for guests of 10.45 pm.
On 14+ shows doors will be at 6pm with a stage curfew of 9.30 with a building curfew for guests of 9.45pm.
Late night events start and finish times differ and details will be on the tickets and the event information page found on the venue’s website.
Show times & support acts will be listed on the venue’s website & social networking pages as and when they are known to the venue.
All times and support acts listed are subject to change and are to be used as guidance only. Do not use the stage times listed to make travel arrangements.
In line with the law, The Asylum 1&2 is a non-smoking venue.
Smoking is not permitted in any area of the venue. As a result of customer demand there is a dedicated smoking area which is accessible from doors open for gigs and club events.
Please be aware if you appear to be under 18 you may be asked for ID to enter the smoking area.
Those found to be smoking inside the venue will be ejected immediately without a refund.
STROBE LIGHTING & PYROTECHNICS…
Some shows will contain strobe lighting or smoke effects. Signage will be up in the venue to advise of this. Should you have an issue please email the venue prior to booking where possible, or speak to a member of staff on the night.
TERMS & CONDITIONS…
• Crowd surfing, any violent conductor behaviour along with the throwing of drinks are strictly prohibited in the venue and those who do this will be ejected without a refund. Patrons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will also be refused entry without a refund.
• In line with licensing law the venue has the right to refuse admission to any patron without providing a reason.
• The Asylum Venue’s, its staff, agents and performers accept no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to customers personal effects.
• The Asylum Venue’s its staff, agents and performers accept no responsibility for any injury or accident caused during a performance.
• Please be aware that although staff clean up spills once identified, floors and steps may be slippy and as such we advise all customers to move around the venue with due care and to report any concerns to a member of staff for attention.
“Agent” means the authorised agent from whom you purchased a Ticket.
“Event” means an event to be held at the Venue.
“DOMINATION Ltd” means ’’THE ASYLUM VENUE, its representatives, servants, employees and sub-contractors and “Our” shall be read accordingly.
“Promoter” means the person or company staging the Event if different from Domination Ltd.
"Terms and Conditions" means these terms and conditions.
“Venue” means the venue as stated on the Ticket.
"Ticket" means any ticket for an Event.
“You” means you or anybody who in Domination Ltd reasonable opinion is acting with your authority or permission and "Your" shall be read accordingly.
1. The Terms and Conditions incorporate, and should be read in accordance with, any Promoter, Agent and/or Venue terms, conditions and regulations, copies of which are available upon request from the Promoter, Agent and/or Venue. The Terms and Conditions and any Promoter, Agent and/or Venue terms, conditions and regulations are collectively referred to as, “Conditions”. In the event of any inconsistency between the Terms and Conditions, and any other Conditions, the Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
2. All Tickets are sold subject to the Conditions. Please read the Conditions below carefully before purchase, and raise any queries with Domination Ltd, the Promoter, Agent or Venue (as relevant) before purchase. Your purchase of a Ticket constitutes your acceptance of the Conditions.
3. It is your responsibility to check Your Tickets as if you have made a mistake, it cannot always be rectified after purchase. Please check your Tickets on receipt carefully and contact The Asylum Venue/Domination Ltd immediately if there is a mistake.
4. If You have any special access requirements or concerns about any special effects (for example lighting, sound, audio-visual or pyrotechnic effects) which may be featured at the Event, please discuss any such issues before purchasing the Tickets with the Asylum Venue by contacting email@example.com. Domination Ltd will use its reasonable efforts to assist with any such special access requirements or concerns.
5. You must produce a valid Ticket to gain access to an Event and You must keep possession of such Ticket at all times during the Event. Your Ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered or defaced. Domination Ltd will not be responsible for any Ticket that is lost, stolen or destroyed.
6. Domination Ltd may issue duplicate Tickets in its sole discretion. If Domination Ltd issues a duplicate Ticket, it may charge a reasonable administration fee.
7. Please see the Event website for terms relating to Tickets for children. Children aged 14 TO 17 will not be allowed entry to an Event unless they are supervised (for the duration of the Event) by an adult. One adult is entitled to supervise up to ten children. Domination Ltd will require supervisors to remove children if, in the venues or promoters sole opinion, the children are causing a disturbance to other Ticket holders. Subject to it being stated otherwise in the Conditions or on the Event website, it is the responsibility of the supervisors of a child to determine whether an Event is suitable for that child to attend, and none of Domination Ltd, the Promoter, Agent or Venue accepts any liability or responsibility in relation to the same.
8. For seated Events although rarely used, You only have the right to a seat at the Event of a value corresponding to that stated on the Ticket, and the Promoter and Domination Ltd acting reasonably, reserve the right to provide alternative seats at the Event to those specified on the Ticket. Where only seats of a lesser value are available, You will be offered the choice of accepting either (a) the lesser value seats available, or (b) a refund of the face value of Your Ticket.
9. Tickets are sold subject to the Promoter’s, Domination Ltd right to alter the advertised Event as reasonably necessary. Domination Ltd total liability in relation to a cancelled Event is set out below in Conditions 14 and 16.
10. Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded unless the performance is cancelled, rescheduled or where there is a material change to the Event. A ‘material’ change is a change which, in Domination Ltd reasonable opinion, makes the Event materially different to the Event that purchasers of the Ticket, taken generally, could reasonably expect.
11. It is Your responsibility to ascertain whether an Event has been cancelled or re-scheduled and the date and time of any re-scheduled Event. Where an Event is cancelled or re-scheduled, Domination Ltd will use its reasonable endeavours to notify You using the details You provided at the time of ordering. Domination Ltd does not guarantee that You will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the Event. It is also Your responsibility to inform the point of sale from where you bought the Ticket of any change to the contact address, telephone number or email address You provided at the time of purchase.
12. Where an Event is cancelled, rescheduled and you cannot or do not wish to attend the reschedule event or where there is a material change to the programme of the Event, You will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Condition 14. Liability for the cancellation or rescheduling of an Event, or for material changes to an Event, will be limited to a refund as set forth in Condition 14.
13. “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond Domination Ltd control including, without limitation, act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements, acts or regulations of national or local governments. Subject to the provisions of Condition 12, Domination Ltd will not be liable to You for failure to perform any obligation under the Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
14. The total refund for a Ticket shall be the face value of the Ticket purchased. Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence, hospitality or accommodation relating to the Event which have been arranged by You are at Your own risk. Neither Domination Ltd nor the Promoter shall be liable for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure in addition to refunding the face value of the Ticket.
15. In order to claim Your refund, please take your unused Ticket to the point of purchase (a) within 1 months after the original proposed date of the Event for a cancelled or rescheduled Event, or (b) as soon as possible for an Event which has been materially changed. Refunds will only be made to the person who purchased the Tickets.
16. Domination Ltd will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including Yourself) or property however caused: (a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by Domination Ltd, (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury as a result of a breach of a legal duty of care owed by Domination Ltd); or (c) to the extent that any loss or damage results from breach by You of any of the Conditions.
17. Nothing in the Conditions seeks to exclude or limit any liability of Domination Ltd for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or any other type of liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
18. You may not re-sell or transfer a Ticket if prohibited by law. In addition, re-sales or transfers of Tickets may be prohibited for certain Events, pursuant to the specific terms and conditions of those Events (for example, but not limited to (a) charity Events, (b) Events where age restrictions apply because of the content of the Event or licensing requirements, or (c) balloted Events). Where a Ticket is offered for re-sale in accordance with the Conditions, You must provide the buyer with full details of the Ticket. Full details include (if printed on the Ticket) the relevant venue, The buyer of a Ticket must be made aware of the Conditions and any other terms and conditions that are specific to the Event. You should check whether any special terms or conditions apply before offering a Ticket for resale. Free tickets are often provided for specific reasons limiting their transferability.
19. You may not combine a ticket with any hospitality, travel or accommodation service and/or any other merchandise, product or service to create a ticket package (“Ticket Package”) and sell or otherwise transfer (or facilitate the sale or transfer of) such Ticket Package for profit or commercial gain, offer such Ticket Package as an incentive or prize in a promotion or competition, or otherwise dispose of such Ticket Package in the course of a business.
20. Tickets are personal revocable licences and shall at all times remain the property of Domination Ltd. Any Ticket obtained in breach of the Conditions will be void. Any person seeking to use a void Ticket may be refused entry to, or ejected from, the Venue without refund, and may be subject to legal action. Void Tickets are non-refundable.
21. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. Domination Ltd, the Promoter or the Agent (as applicable) will notify You of any such restriction at the time of purchase. Domination Ltd reserves the right, without prior notice, to cancel Tickets purchased in excess of this number, unless the purchase of an excess was due to Domination Ltd error.
22. The venue(s) reserves the right to refuse You entry to and/or eject You from the Event and/or Venue (and may take appropriate action to enforce this right) in reasonable circumstances including without limitation (a) for health and safety or licensing reasons, (b) if You behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the Event, (c) if You use or display threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms or behave in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace, (d) if, in the venue’s reasonable opinion, You appear to be acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs, (d) if You fail, when required, to produce proof of identity or age, (e) if You refuse to comply with Live Nation’s security searches, (f) if You breach these Terms, or (g) if Your Ticket is void. No refunds will be given to You if You are refused entry or ejected due to Your own behaviour.
23. Domination Ltd and its agent(s) and venues reserves the right to conduct security searches and confiscate any item which in the opinion of Domination Ltd its agents and venue staff may cause danger or disruption to other persons at the Event or is one of the items not permitted in the Venue as listed in the Conditions (including those items listed in this Condition 22). You shall not bring all or any of the following into the Venue: (a) smoking materials, (b) laser pens, (c) animals (except guide dogs), (d) Your own food and drink (unless permitted by the Venue), (e) bottles, cans or glass containers (unless permitted by the Venue), (f) any item which may be interpreted as a weapon (including sharp or pointed objects such as knives), or (g) illegal substances. Notwithstanding anything else in the Conditions, neither the Promoter nor Domination Ltd shall be liable for any loss, theft or damage to confiscated items.
24. You must comply with any and all instructions given to You by Domination Ltd and/or all Venue stewards and staff. Domination Ltd reserves the right to restrict access to parts of the Venue.
25. If before or during the Event You have a complaint in relation to the Event (including without limitation, in relation to Your ability to view the Event), please speak to Domination Ltd or a steward promptly. Domination Ltd will use its reasonable endeavours to rectify the situation which is the cause of your complaint, however under no circumstances shall Domination Ltd be under any obligation to rectify the situation.
26. Warning – Prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to Your hearing.
27. The use of equipment for recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material within the Venue is strictly forbidden. You shall not bring any such equipment to the Venue or to the Event. Any recording or transmitting equipment (including professional cameras), unauthorised recordings, tapes, films or similar items may be confiscated and/or destroyed by Domination Ltd. Any recording made of an Event or part thereof in breach of the Conditions shall belong to the Promoter and You agree to assign any and all rights in any such recordings to the Promoter. Notwithstanding anything else in the Conditions, neither the Promoter nor Domination Ltd nor its staff or Venues shall be liable for any loss, theft or damage to confiscated items.
28. You give Your express consent to Your actual or simulated likeness to be included for no fee within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world. This includes filming by the police or security staff which may be carried out for the security of customers or the prevention of crime.
29. Smoking within the Venue is strictly prohibited. Domination Ltd reserves the right, without refund, to eject any person found smoking in the Venue.
30. You may only leave and then re-enter the Venue during an Event at the discretion of the Venue. Otherwise there shall be no re-admissions or pass-outs of any kind. Depending on the type of Event, every effort to admit latecomers will be made, but admission for latecomers cannot always be guaranteed.
31. Domination Ltd reserves the right to allow audience members to stand in seated areas of the Venue.
32. You shall not bring into the Venue or display or distribute at the Event any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials.
33. You must not leave any bags or other items of personal property unattended in the Venue. Any personal possessions or other items (including without limitation clothing, wallets and mobile telephones), which are found in the Venue, shall be retained by the Venue for a period of 30 days following their discovery. During this period You may collect any item which belongs to You from the Venue upon reasonable proof of identification and ownership. If, upon the expiry of 30 days from the date of its discovery, any item has not been collected by You, Domination reserves the right to dispose of any such items as it sees fit without any further liability to You (notwithstanding anything else in the Conditions). Where possible, any uncollected items will be donated to charity.
34. Except to the extent that Domination Ltd is required or permitted by law to do otherwise, personal information provided by You to Domination Ltd will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any consents given by You in relation to Your personal information.
35. Domination Ltd shall be entitled to assign all and any of its rights and obligations under the Terms and Conditions without notice to You, provided that You are not adversely affected by the same.
36. If it is found by a court that any of the Conditions for any reason cannot be enforced, this shall not prevent the other provisions from continuing to apply.
37. Any delay of Domination Ltd in enforcing any of the Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of Domination Ltd rights to do so.
38. Any person, other than the Promoter or the Agent or Venue, who is not a party to the Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of the Terms and Conditions.
39. Nothing in the Conditions and no action taken by You or Domination Ltd under the Conditions shall create, or be deemed to create, a partnership, joint venture or establish a relationship of principal and agent or any other fiduciary relationship between You and Domination Ltd beyond the relationship created under the Conditions.
40. The Conditions constitute the entire agreement between You and Domination Ltd in relation to the Tickets, the Event and the Venue, and supersede any previous terms and conditions, agreement or arrangement between You and Domination Ltd relating to the same. The Conditions cannot be varied or amended in any respect (unless agreed between You and Domination Ltd in writing).
41. You and Domination Ltd both agree that it has not entered into the Conditions in reliance of, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, covenant, warranty, undertaking or indemnity by any person other than as expressly set out in the Conditions. Nothing in this clause shall operate to limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
42. The Conditions do not and shall not affect Your statutory rights as a consumer. For further information about your statutory rights contact Citizens Advice, Consumer Direct or the Department for Business Innovation and Skills.
43. Domination Ltd, its agents, staff and promoters will accept no responsibility or liability for any ticket purchased in error. Please ensure your purchase is for the event required as mistakes cannot be rectified or tickets refunded.
All bookings for rehearsal rooms are subject to the following terms and conditions and by using this online service you agree to be bound by the following conditions.
1. All rehearsals cancelled with in 24hrs of the booked time will still be liable for the full payment and no refunds or alternative slots will be offered.
2. To cancel your rehearsal and receive a refund you must contact us through the website using ‘’Rehearsals’’ in the subject line no later than 24hrs prior to the booking.
3. Please note all bookings for 1 hour only slots will only be accepted prior to 7.00pm daily.
4. Due to demand we are unable to accept bookings between the hours of 8.00pm to 10.00pm on Tuesdays, Wednesday’s and Thursdays.
5. We offer half a 50% discount for all solo musicians if the rehearsal is scheduled to be completed by 6.00pm Daily.
6. We will do everything in our power to ensure you get the specific room you booked (if requested) although in certain exceptional circumstances we reserve the right to move you to an alternative room without penalty. We will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible in the unlikely event of this occurring
7. All rooms are non-smoking and anybody caught smoking in a room will have the booking terminated without refund.
8. Your room hire is subject to certain conditions discussed on arrival, any breach of these conditions will result in the termination of your booking and the forfeit of your booking fee.
9. All rooms and equipment are checked by studio staff prior to your rehearsal. Any subsequent damage to equipment or furniture found prior to your practice must be paid for, please inform Studio staff if any item in your room is found to be damaged or faulty prior to your starting your practice.
10. Please leave your room tidy and return to reception all equipment on completion.
The above Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.